Dainty Kane Guide to New Orleans
Dainty Kane have created a bucket list guide for New Orleans to help you explore this party destination filled with so much to do, see and eat!
Why go to New Orleans?
New Orleans is probably one of the coolest places on earth. The food, people, music, architecture, history and nightlife make it one for your bucket list!
Dainty Kane New Orleans Bucket-list
- Watch a live band, bands play at almost every bar in the french quarter daily. Follow the music, sit down, grab a drink and enjoy!
- Try out the local delicacies
- Go to comedy show
- Visit Louis Armstrong park
- Guided tour of the cemeteries or plantations
- Swamp tour
- Ghost Tour, go on the night slot to make it extra spooky.
- Sea plane over the city and swamp lands, this was amazing!
Where can I stay in New Orleans?
The Ritz Carlton
Where is good to eat Po Boys in New Orleans?
Killer Po Boys
- Po Score, 5/10
- Close to the french quarter
- Bit too much salad and the watery sauce made the bread soggy
- Healthier than most so if your looking for a typical New Orleans Po Boy packed with toppings try somewhere else
Mahoneys Po Boys
- Po Score, 9/10
- Delicious and fresh crispy shrimp
- The secret sauce was amazing
- Great atmosphere and friendly staff
- Po Score, 10/10
- Parkway Tavern is located on the outskirts of the city and takes a 15 minute taxi ride to get there but you won't be disappointed it is the best place in New Orleans for Po Boys
- You order at the window and collect when it is ready
- This place is so good even Obama visits!
Other foods to try in New Orleans
- Cajun stews
- Dirty rice
- Beignets @ Cafe Dumonde (Cafe Dumonde is busy from dusk to dawn but the queues are worth it just to sample their sugary crispy pastries)
Where is good to shop in New Orleans?
The French Quarter
- You can find homeware, gifts and art
The French Market
- Best for finding local food and spices, art & crafts, souvenirs and clothing